In my mind I'm gone to Carolina
Can't you see the sunshine,
Can't you see the sunshine,
Can't you just feel the moon shinin'....
That's right...we're moving. To North Carolina. Most of you probably already know this but for those that don't, we're moving at the end of this month.
I took another job, a better job, a less stressful job. And I couldn't be happier. I'm excited to be excited about my job again. The only thing is this job is in NC. So Greg, Abby, animals and I are heading north.
It was not an easy decision. I will hate to leave my family and our friends behind. I think this weekend was the first time that became so clear and I was actually sad for the first time. My mom and dad won't be a quick drive away. My brother and sister and their families won't be either. And I know that Abby is going to miss spending so much time with AJB and Gavin. Not to mention leaving Livi....
So why are we going?? Because at the end of the day, the most important thing is Abby. What is best for her?...moving to NC. Not because it's best for her to be away from all these people that are so important to us and her. But because where we're going is a great place to grow up. State parks, lakes and jogging trails everywhere. My job is less stressful and only 10 minutes down the road as opposed to a 2 hour daily commute in traffic jams. I can even come home for lunch now!!!
And thankfully everyone gets this. I think they all know this is the best thing for Abby and for us. And although I'm sure they are sad, they are all being very supportive.
And we have the webcams!!! :)
So this weekend we travelled up to NC to find a temporary place to live. We found a great townhome that we can rent for the year while we anxiously wait for our house to sell. UGH...Grouchy Smurf says: I hate selling houses!!! :)
Home sweet home
So the next step is to pack up and move. My new company is paying for our relocation so the moving company will be the ones to do all the packing (how nice!!). We'll spend the next weeks visiting with everyone as much as we can.
And we'll definitely be back to visit often.
And everyone's always welcome to visit us!!!!
...yes I'm gone to Carolina in my mind....



3 comments:
So we are on the countdown! I'm excited and I'm sad - haven't been sad til now though cause I KNOW this is the best thing for ya'll! I'm sure going to miss that little doll. I've gotten used to seeing her every couple of weeks and that won't be happening now. BUT I will be coming to NC. Don't worry! I'm not missing out on watching this little girl grow up!! Love you all and can't wait to visit NC :-)
I love NC and I'm going to LOVE visiting you there! I'll be there this summer and I can't wait! Miss you!
I sure do miss you guys. I know this was so long ago but you 3 were so sweet to me and I enjoyed staging your home. Please do keep in touch!
Post a Comment