Before I log off and take these weary bones to bed, I have to post this....
my TPBFF WorkJill and her baby boy Liam are coming to visit us in NC!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!
Just for those that don't know who TPBFF WorkJill is here's a little background. A little over 3 years ago I started working at Towers Perrin as a regional records manager for the southeast region. WorkJill (not to be confused with SisterJill) held the same position in Boston for the northeast region. We participated in our regional calls every week but didn't really know each other until we had to go to Philadelphia for a meeting in July of that first year. That first night we became instant buddies. We were the youngest on our team and the only ones interested in celebrity blogging, People magazine and gin and tonics.
We became inseparable even though we were hundreds of miles apart. We talked every day on our work IM or on the phone. We complained about our jobs and boyfriends and bragged about our dogs...and boyfriends :). We were Towers Perrin Best Friends Forever.....
And then she left TP...crap. I was devastated. But she promised we'd stay friends and we did!
So when I got pregnant I was super excited to tell her and then in a couple of months she was pregnant too!!! We got to go through all the joys of impending motherhood together and when I found out Abby was going to be an Abby and not a "Jack", we decided that she'd either have a best friend and college roommate or a future husband.
A couple of months later, I got a text saying -- Book the Grove Park Inn. We're having a wedding in 30 years!!! :)
WorkJill even came down to visit me for a few days when I was about 8 months along and she was almost 6 months. We were so miserable (me more than her at that point) that we did nothing but sit on the couch, watch Gone With the Wind and eat chocolate and brownies!!!
And a few months later, on Valentine's day, my future son-in-law, Liam was born.
So we're very excited to have WorkJill and Liam come to our new house in NC. We'll show them all the sights as we're learning them ourselves. And I can't wait to post the pictures of that visit!!!
YAY WorkJill and Liam -- we can't wait to see you!!!



2 comments:
You are going to have LOTS of visitors when you move that precious baby away!!!
Yippie! Liam and I are so excited to come visit and meet Abby! We are counting down the weeks...only 10 to go! Have fun this weekend and good luck with the move!
Post a Comment