Thursday, May 14, 2009

Whew....

Today has been a long day....it's the last day in our house as a family.

Abby and I are heading out of town for my cousin Bill's wedding and Greg has to teach a ground school all weekend. Then the movers are coming on Monday!!!!

YIKES!!!!

Are we ready for this? No....mentally we are but the house is not ready. We spent every spare minute today cleaning and getting ready for the Open House on Sunday...that's right. In addition to a wedding, work and moving on Monday, we thought we'd throw in an Open House on Sunday...you know, just for fun.

So a few weeks ago my friend Lindsay mentioned that her friend's friend (got that??!) was going to Haverhill Institute. She's an interior designer but is getting this extra work in staging. She was hoping to find some people that would be willing to let her stage their house for her final project. So I asked her to do our house. She has been very helpful and today she came over and helped us clean windows and rearrange furniture. She is really the best!!!

So that's what we've been up to. I have pictures but to be honest I'm just too lazy to load them right now so I'll do that tomorrow.

I just wanted to write down that today is our last day in this house. And that seems so strange. I'm super excited to move, but a small part of my heart will stay here. This is the house that Greg and I came home to as a just married couple. This is the house that we brought our sweet baby Abby home too.

...but it's also the home that we lived in when we lost our dear friend Brian (Livi's dad) and also the house where my buddy Brody left me.

So it's bittersweet. We have great memories here...some are kinda sad but most are super happy. And I'll take these memories with me forever. It's been nice here but we're beginning a new chapter now....

and I'm ready!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I didn't think about this being your last night there! That is kinda sad but you are off on a new adventure!! Post those pictures!!!! I want to see them!

Shannon Lewis said...

this made me cry!!

and yes, please post pictures :)
love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones