Monday, May 4, 2009

Slumber Party with Nonnie and Big Dawg

Abby spent the past weekend with her Nonnie and Big Dawg while Greg and I went in search of our new house in NC. This was the first time that Abby was away from both me and Greg. I spent the one night away from her when I went to Augusta but Greg was with her. And there have been several times that Greg has been away from her (i.e. Abby and I go down to Nonnie/Big Dawg's without him) but I've always been with her.

This was the first official slumber party -- spend the night away from home and parents -- for Abby....

I was sad about leaving her but wasn't too worried. She knows Nonnie and Big Dawg and has lots of fun at their house. And Auntie Jill and AJB were going to spend the first afternoon with them and then come back on Saturday with Uncle Steven. So I knew she'd have plenty of company. It was just going to be very weird for me and Greg to have an Abby-free weekend!!

But we did have a good time. We went to dinner and drinks on Friday and also went to the museums on Saturday once the lease was signed. But everything was a little less fun. We'd mimic Abby-isms and then say "Who am I being" just so the other could say "Abby"!!! :)

That seems a little weird to write that .... it's so natural for us to mimic her. We do it all the time. She used to have this face she made everytime she stretched. So one of us would make that face and say "who am I?"... ABBY!! Now we do the growling or scratch the sheet thing....too funny.

Do all parents do this?? It's not like we're really making fun of her...but we do laugh at her...hmmm...but that's getting a little off topic!

Anyway...you can tell we missed her. We missed that little face and all her sugars. But we know she had fun....

You can tell by the pictures Nonnie took of her that she had fun!!!


Reading my Dr. Seuss book

This is fun Nonnie!!!

Really into this book...I hope this means she's going to be a reader like Mommy!

SMURFS!!! Uncle Jeff gave this to her and it's the only thing she's allowed to watch. She loves the Smurfs!! She literally laughs out loud at them :)

Lovin' my Smurfs...and looking a little sleepy

Look at all these colors!

Happy Baby!

JUMPEROO time!!!

Nonnie and Big Dawg have the best Jumperoo EVER!

Lots of fun at Nonnie and Big Dawg's....I'm pooped!

So you can tell that she had fun. We were very glad that Nonnie and Big Dawg could keep her. We got lots done while she was with them.

Thanks Nonnie and Big Dawg.
I had so much fun with you!!
I love you,
Abby



5 comments:

Jill said...

We had fun playing with you Abby! Can't wait to do it again soon before your mama takes you away from us. :)

Shannon Lewis said...

I don't know if all parents mimic their children, but this is a DEFINITE Dortch trait. All of you "quote" others and laugh and laugh and I love that about each of you :)

Jamie said...

Too funny Shannon!! But you're so right. When we dropped Abby at Nonnie and Big Dawg's house we spent the night. That night Dad tripped over her bouncy, stubbed his toe and almost splatted into the chair.
Greg was like, Oh no are you OK??!
Guess what me and mom did???
...laughed!! :)
And then said, No Greg you're supposed to laugh at him!!!
LOL
Can't hang out around us if you can't laugh at yourself!!!

Bonnie said...

Shannon,
You mean everybody doesn't do that? LOL But we only laugh when we're sure they aren't really hurt!
And Abby, we MISS you so much!!
Love you,
Nonnie

The Girl With the Glasses said...

Hi Abby!
I have that same jumperoo!
You look like you're having fun!

Love Liam


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones