YardSale, Market, Pooltime = YAY
Bug bites and booboos = YUCK!
This weekend was a very busy weekend for us. Saturday we had a yard sale. I know what you're thinking...a yard sale?? But this yard sale required almost no effort on our part. When we moved in we put everything that we didn't use or want right at the beginning of the garage. So on Saturday morning we opened the garage, slid everything out onto the driveway and opened shop! WOOHOO!
We got rid of tons of crap (YAY) and made lots of money (DOUBLE YAY) but I have created a yard sale loving monster.....As we were selling our crap, Greg says to me, "honey we are giving away some great deals today." And I say, "yes we are...." ... where are you going with this???To which he replies, "Imagine all the things I could find out there at yard sales!!!"
Oh my gosh....are you kidding me?? Greg is a pack rat. He has so much crap he doesn't even know what he has. And here I make one teeny tiny little step in the right direction and he's planning on going out on Saturday mornings to bring everyone else's crap to my house?!?!?!?!
The only thing that will save me from complete useless crap overload is the fact that yard sales happen in the early mornings...my little night owl will never make it out there in time...whew!
________________________________
Sunday we headed out to the Farmers Market again with cash in hand..thanks to the yard sale of course! We picked up all this loot for only $13. You can't even imagine how juicy and delicious the fruit is!!
Then it was off to the pool for a quick second of swimming with Daddy. The water is still a little chilly so we were a blur. In and out. But Abby seems to like the water. No cries. Of course as the water warms up we'll be able to stay in there longer than 0.5 seconds :)
Little chilly in here Daddy.....
Still not sure about this....
OK I'm done now....
Serious Abby.The last 2 days have been very serious for Abby. She has squealed and laughed like normal but she has also discovered how to pout her lips. So that's what our new trick is....pouting....We may be in for some trouble later on.....
_____________________________
So that was all wonderful and fun but we did have some little setbacks over the weekend. Abby got her first bug bite....
Can you tell?? It was just a little red dot on her leg...didn't seem to bother her and I honestly have no idea when this happened...or what to do about it. Right now, we're just pretending it didn't happen, that the bite isn't there and maybe Abby will never know the difference!! LOL
I had a little helper as I was trying to get a shot of the bug bite...again with the lips all pouty...not sure what this new trick is all about.....
It's a little tiny red mark on her forehead. Right above her left eyebrow...
Let me explain...we were getting ready for our nightly stroll with the dogs and I was strapping her in the stroller. I forgot that Daddy had put a toy on the handle so when I pulled it in place, the toy bopped Abby in the head. It sort of caught her off guard but she didn't cry. I of course felt terrible.
Once again, I just pretended that nothing happened so she didn't cry.....
What Abby...didn't you realize that all little girls get bopped in the head?? You're fine!!!
Once again, I just pretended that nothing happened so she didn't cry.....
What Abby...didn't you realize that all little girls get bopped in the head?? You're fine!!!
So before you run call DFCS on us, I promise Abby had a great weekend despite the bug bite and knock upside the head. She played and squealed, chatted on the webcam to Nonnie, Big Dawg, aunts, uncles and cousins, ate a ton, met (very) strange people at the yard sale, and overall enjoyed life with Mom and Dad...mainly because she's stuck with us and doesn't know any better!! :)
She looks pretty content to me! (PS..that's the toy that hit her head..poor Abby)




1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend for a little girl!!
Post a Comment