So today is a wonderful day for our family. Today 37 years ago, Nonnie and Big Dawg got married!!! YAY for Nonnie and Big Dawg getting married. Without them getting together we wouldn't have Jeff, Jamie and Jill. Which means we wouldn't have married Melissa, Greg and Steven. Which means we wouldn't have had Gavin, AJB and Abby!!!!!
Whew...that's a lot to be responsible for Nonnie and Big Dawg!
Happy Anniversary! We love you!!!
***************************
So today is happy because mom and dad are with us, happy and healthy after 37 years together. But it's sad today because today is also Brody's birthday. He would have been 11 years old today. And I know there are lots of people that don't understand my sadness over a dog. For those of you that don't understand you might as well quit reading this post right now :)
Dear Abby,
This blog is for your family and friends all over the world (!!) to see you and how you are growing. But it's also a journal for me and a really long love letter to you from your mommy. Today we go about our day like normal but we are remembering a very dear friend that is no longer a part of our family. Today Brody would have been 11 years old. It's hard to believe that he left us 4 months ago. It's also hard to believe that he lived such a full and healthy life for almost 11 years. When the vets all said to be happy with 5...Boy did he show them!!!!!
You are getting so big and becoming such a little bundle of personality. I am so excited that you are becoming an animal person. I can see your face and eyes light up when the dogs or Pawky comes into view. You get so excited and start squealing and it makes me very proud.
Ghandi once said, "You can judge society by the way they treat their animals" and I have always believed that. I think I can see a little bit of your sweet spirit just by the way you love our animals. I am so excited that you are at this phase. But every time you do this, I feel a little bit sad. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites but I do and Brody was it. And I'm sad that you will never get to know him. That you will never get to smile at him or squeal at him. The other dogs don't really care much about you and your squeals but I'd like to think that Brody would have. I imagine that he would be the one that was your best bud. The one that stopped in his tracks every time you squealed to look at you and give you a doggie grin.
The first and only time he made it upstairs to see you, he was so funny. You started to cry and he started to howl!!! He was never one to howl (not like his cousin Shiloh!) so it was really funny. I guess he was crying with you.
Anyway, I cherish those very few memories of you and Brody. And how happy you were that day (which at that time, happy days were very few and far between!).I hope that you will always know that there are dogs in heaven. And that you've got a great one up there watching out for you.
God made dogs just for us, to show us His love. In my mind, God loves like a dog. It's totally unconditional. Totally selfless and magical. You can beat Him up and send Him away again and again and He always comes back. I think that's why when God told Adam to name all the animals, he saved "dog" for him. Then spelled "God" backwards and said, Ok I'm done!" :)
I hope you continue to be an animal lover as you grow up. That you will show all God's creatures compassion and love. And will be a good protector of nature and animals. It's the first job God gave us to do! I love you Abby and the little girl you are.
And the beatiful soul that I can already see shining through.
I am so very proud of you,
Mommy
PS. Happy Birthday Brody. We were blessed to have had you as a furry friend and are now blessed to have you as our doggie angel.
Whew...that's a lot to be responsible for Nonnie and Big Dawg!
Happy Anniversary! We love you!!!
***************************
So today is happy because mom and dad are with us, happy and healthy after 37 years together. But it's sad today because today is also Brody's birthday. He would have been 11 years old today. And I know there are lots of people that don't understand my sadness over a dog. For those of you that don't understand you might as well quit reading this post right now :)
Dear Abby,
This blog is for your family and friends all over the world (!!) to see you and how you are growing. But it's also a journal for me and a really long love letter to you from your mommy. Today we go about our day like normal but we are remembering a very dear friend that is no longer a part of our family. Today Brody would have been 11 years old. It's hard to believe that he left us 4 months ago. It's also hard to believe that he lived such a full and healthy life for almost 11 years. When the vets all said to be happy with 5...Boy did he show them!!!!!
You are getting so big and becoming such a little bundle of personality. I am so excited that you are becoming an animal person. I can see your face and eyes light up when the dogs or Pawky comes into view. You get so excited and start squealing and it makes me very proud.
Ghandi once said, "You can judge society by the way they treat their animals" and I have always believed that. I think I can see a little bit of your sweet spirit just by the way you love our animals. I am so excited that you are at this phase. But every time you do this, I feel a little bit sad. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites but I do and Brody was it. And I'm sad that you will never get to know him. That you will never get to smile at him or squeal at him. The other dogs don't really care much about you and your squeals but I'd like to think that Brody would have. I imagine that he would be the one that was your best bud. The one that stopped in his tracks every time you squealed to look at you and give you a doggie grin.
The first and only time he made it upstairs to see you, he was so funny. You started to cry and he started to howl!!! He was never one to howl (not like his cousin Shiloh!) so it was really funny. I guess he was crying with you.
Anyway, I cherish those very few memories of you and Brody. And how happy you were that day (which at that time, happy days were very few and far between!).I hope that you will always know that there are dogs in heaven. And that you've got a great one up there watching out for you.
God made dogs just for us, to show us His love. In my mind, God loves like a dog. It's totally unconditional. Totally selfless and magical. You can beat Him up and send Him away again and again and He always comes back. I think that's why when God told Adam to name all the animals, he saved "dog" for him. Then spelled "God" backwards and said, Ok I'm done!" :)
I hope you continue to be an animal lover as you grow up. That you will show all God's creatures compassion and love. And will be a good protector of nature and animals. It's the first job God gave us to do! I love you Abby and the little girl you are.
And the beatiful soul that I can already see shining through.
I am so very proud of you,
Mommy
PS. Happy Birthday Brody. We were blessed to have had you as a furry friend and are now blessed to have you as our doggie angel.
(This was the first time Abby smiled spontaneously!)



4 comments:
I knew not to read this until I was alone because I knew I would cry - and I am!! I loved that dog so much too and I miss him every time I think of him. I truly believe God sent him to take care of you when I couldn't any more. He followed you around from school to school and state to state!! And I always knew he was taking care of you so I didn't worry quite as much :-) I'm sorry Abby won't know him but I'm sure there'll be a Brody in her life one day too. I used to say I love you more than you can even imagine but now that you have Abby, I think you know how much that is!! I love you, Jamie! You're a very special young woman and I'm so proud of you!!!
Well, I cried during the Brody post (you know I always loved him even if I didn't always like the other dogs in my life) and now I'm crying during the Bonnie comment.
I love you, Jamie. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Brody was so lucky that you chose him and Abby is even luckier to have you as her mommy!
I am such a dog person and this brought tears to my eyes. My beautiful, sweet, full of energy dog passed away 2 years ago but I still miss her. I always will. She was such a part of my children's lives. Mine too ofcourse. Most can't understand the sadness. I hope you are ok.
I hope you don't mind but I had to write once I read this. I can say that I never understood the love one could have for a dog that is until my sister bought a mini doberman, Coco. To see her grow, play, and sleep : ) I mean its the most precious thing. She is truly our little baby and I have become an auntie all over again.
I remember you talking about Brody and how he had been with you through it all and I know his spirit is watching over you every day as Abby grows and as you go to work, he is there with you. He was lucky to have a mommy with so much love and kindness in their heart!! Miss ya here in Atlanta!!!
Post a Comment