- Made brownies and forgot to put the eggs in
- Made peach cobbler and forgot the sugar
- Made brownies and forgot to turn the oven on (what is it with brownies?!?!)
- Made Koolaid and forgot to stir (no I'm not kidding)
So when I decided that Abby needed to eat homemade baby food I just assumed that Greg would do the cooking. I mean he cooks for us so it seemed to be a safe assumption. But he hasn't been too interested in cooking for Abby. He likes the convenience of popping open the jar and viola! For some reason, that just hasn't been good enough for me!
So this weekend I bought "organic and fresh from NC" veggies and fruit. And was all set to cook. I made homemade applesauce, carrots and sweet potatoes. I slaved over the oven all weekend and mashed and grinded until everything was soupy and smooth. I was so very proud of myself. Abby sat in her playpen and watched as I ran around the kitchen, making a mess, head getting bigger and bigger as things were just working out perfectly.
I decided on sweet potatoes tonight....Got Abby all in her highchair, bib on, ready to go.
First bite.....what do you think Abby?!?!!?
Gag, gag, gag,
spit up......
I'm a bad cook...I guess some things never change.... :)
PS...Wait - she likes the applesauce!!!! I'll count that as success!



4 comments:
Don't blame yourself! Anderson was (and is) the same way!! I did that with sweet potatoes and froze about 6 servings, and he didn't like it one bit! But now he loves them, so she will eventually. He still prefers baby food in a jar to my cooking on a lot of foods!
Sounds like my house! I make food too. It's so much fun! Blair did like sweet potatoes, but we're having issues with bananas. I think she's had them around 10 times and still makes a face and stops eating when I give them to her! I'm sure that it has nothing to do with your cooking. She'll like them eventually!
Don't give up! My first gravy tasted like paste and my first biscuits were like rocks!! I did get better with time :-) And all this is new to her so give her some time too. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your cooking (if you followed all the directions to the END!).
Maybe you should try making her some brownies!! LOL
Post a Comment