We have been signing simple signs to her since she was born. I've always been a strong advocate for baby signing. I majored in deaf education for awhile in college and first started learning sign language in high school. My sweet friend Tara and I would sign all the time in college and it was so fun! We actually talked about teaching soon-to-be mommies sign language at one point. That was in 1999...do you remember that Tara? We could be famous now if we had started this trend then!
Anyway, so tonight Abby signed "milk" and we are so proud. It's like her first word really :) Greg actually noticed she was doing it...I just thought she was reaching her hand out! But she did it. And kept doing it until we got her the milk :)
I hope to get a video posted...not sure if she'll do it again. But we're still signing to her and hoping that she'll sign back.



3 comments:
Way to go, Abby!!
A future interpreter! I do remember...how smart is your sweet girl?!?!?!
That is a cool idea Jamie! Way to go Abby!!
Post a Comment