That's right...Today Abby is EIGHT months old!
Can you believe it?? I can't....I think back over the last 8 months and have so many feelings.
Those first 2 months I didn't think we'd survive. So many times I wanted to just turn her back in to the hospital - "Excuse me? This can't be my kid. Can I have another one that doesn't scream all the time?!?" (just kidding!)
But then I think my gosh time is flying! I'm afraid that I'm really terrible at baby books and keeping records of things. This blog is really the only place that I do that. Is it a sign of a bad mommy to not write everything down? I know I'm going to forget these things!!
So today, on Abby's 8 month birthday I thought I'd write it all down so that there's an official record (I am a records manager you know!) :)
Just born Abby
Weight
Birth: 5lbs 10oz
3mos: 9lbs 7oz
6mos: 14lbs 6oz
(I honestly have no idea about her length! She was always on the charts for length so I never worried about that! I guess we'll have to get dr records for that!)
Chillin' in my tub - I love bathtime!
- Tricks
- Rolled over from tummy to back: <1month
- Rolled over from back to tummy: 3 mos (goodbye MB)
- Started scooting: 5mos
- Really started to crawl: 7mos
- Sat up unassisted: 6mos (At the drs office. When he said, can she sit up yet. We said "no". He sat her down on the table and she sat by herself...take that mom and dad!)
- Sat herself up: 7mos
- Slept through the night: 2mos (thank you MB)
- Deswaddled: end of 3mos/beginning of 4mos
- Babbling / saying "da-da": 7mos
Favorite Things
Sweet
I love my box!Food
- peaches
- bananas
- mango
- avocado
- apples
- pears
- plums
- prunes
- sweet potatoes
- zucchini
- summer squash
- peas
- green beans
- carrots
- yogurt
- oatmeal
There's really nothing that Abby doesn't like!! It's hard to tell what's the favorite but I think it's peaches (she is a Georgia girl!). If she likes what she's having she opens her mouth like a little bird. If she doesn't really like it, she still eats it but with a little less enthusiasm :)
So that's a little bit about Abby. There's so much more that I've probably forgotten - because I take it for granted. I'm trying to slow down (and slow her down!) but time just keeps flying by.
Greg and I feel so blessed to have this little person with us.
Abby - happy 8 month birthday!!! We love you so much!!!!!!








2 comments:
Happy eight months, baby Abby! We love you so much!!!
Nonnie & Big Dawg
You are a great mother for keeping up with all of this. This is the best blog ever!! LOL!
Love ya
Kenya
Post a Comment