Tonight I did the normal bedtime routine: bath, bottle, brush (teeth), books, bed. Just like I always do. And normally (normally being the key word here), Abby lays her head down, spins Seahorse around a little and falls asleep without a peep.
tonight didn't go so well...
I'm not sure what was wrong but she cried right away. I just said "nighty night I love you" as usual and walked out. She kept fussing but not too loudly so I kept walking. Well, the crying got louder and louder and more and more frantic. So Greg and I sat on our bed listening to the monitor with looks of terror on our faces...
What are we going to do?!!?!?
Something just made me think that she was hurting. Her cry was very pitiful and she's really never done this before. So after a few times of going in and rubbing her back, I finally just picked her up. Well Abby has never been a cuddler so rocking her to sleep is never going to happen. So I brought her into our room and thought maybe she'd calm down and fall asleep.
Uh...no...
As soon as I plopped her on our bed with me and Daddy, she was all smiles. Crawling around, squealing and playing....
Oh Abby, you are a genius....
PS. Just so you know, I toughed it out, took her back to bed and let her be upset. Although she is sleeping with her favorite "drum" (tupperware) tonight...
You gotta do what you gotta do!!! :)



2 comments:
i have to apologize. i think that isabel may have taught her that trick. she's been doing it since she was born! ;)
Sounds just like Anderson!!!
Post a Comment