Friday, September 11, 2009

Just thinking....

No the beach posts are not finished...But I've just been introduced to Picasa so I'm having too much fun editing to actually post!! LOL

In the meantime, I got my Story People daily story this morning and this is what it was:

Awakening
In those days, we finally chose to walk like giants
& hold the world in arms grown strong with love
& there may be many things we forget in the days to come,
but this will not be one of them.

I immediately had tears in my eyes.

Why is this so powerful?

It is exactly how I feel about Abby and the day she was born. Put into words so true and beautiful that I can't even stand it. For so long Greg and I had fought against the real world. Ignored that we were adults and pretended to be forever college kids. Refusing responsibility, real jobs, etc.

And then we found out we were having a baby. And "we finally chose to walk like giants"....and we held our "world (Abby) in arms grown strong with love"...

And no we will never forget that day.....

And now Abby is 9 mos old.

Strange...9 mos may be harder for me more than the 1 year mark. I had her so safe inside me for 9 months and now she's been out in the world for 9 months. That seems so wonderful and yet so heartbreaking to me at the same time. I could keep her so safe for those first 9 months. And I could so selfishly have her all to myself. Only I knew when she was awake and playing. Only I could feel her move and hug her tight.

Now I have to share her. And I'm afraid she's not so safe anymore. She's in this world that can be so cruel. And I can't wrap her up and shield her as much as I could before.

But I'm so happy that she's here and I'm actually getting to see her sweet face. It makes all the possible falls, tears, heartbreak worth it.

So that's it....just doing a little thinking. Remembering how if felt the first time she kicked me. The first time she hiccupped. The first time she did a dance on my bladder (LOL)....

And also remembering that day I could finally look into her eyes and see that sparkle that I had only felt for the last 9 months.

Man I love that baby Abby!!!!

2 comments:

Sutton Family said...

wow! that's deep jamie! i feel the same way about little isabel. what an amazing blessing it is to be a mom! give baby abby a hug for us!

Bonnie said...

And 30+ years from now you'll still be thinking these same thoughts!! Man, I love that Jamie!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones