A few years ago, all I wanted was a kitten. I was living with Greg and Brian and under no circumstances were they going to let me have a cat in their house. So Greg got me a kitten that they could live with - a stuffed animal that I named Schmitty Kitty.
Of course when we got married, Greg caved and let me get a real kitty named Pawkett. And since the day Pawkett came into the house she has stalked Schmitty. We'll find him in the strangest places thanks to Pawkett! And now that Abby is here with lots of new stuffed animals, Pawkett is in heaven.
So it seems that the stuffed animals have banded together against Pawkett.
For example, today Abby was asked to be the Keynote Speaker at the Stuffed Animals Against Pawkett (SAAP) meeting. She was thrilled to be invited and delivered a rousing speech to those present.
Here are the highlights from that meeting:
Date: April 16, 2009
Attending: Schmitty, Lion, Bunny, Zebra, Giraffe, Elephant
Keynote Speaker: Abby
Here are the highlights from that meeting:
Date: April 16, 2009
Attending: Schmitty, Lion, Bunny, Zebra, Giraffe, Elephant
Keynote Speaker: Abby
Welcome to the SAAP Meeting Abby
Getting a little emotional with her speech
Any questions about that Giraffe?
On a side note, isn't it strange the things you do when you're a parent? Just a few years ago I was on the career fast track and a self-proclaimed intellectual snob. I couldn't be bothered with parenthood. I was too busy working, reading white papers and Kerouac, sipping red wine and listening to jazz.
Now I'm sitting here holding SAAP meetings and loving every second of it!!!







5 comments:
You are so funny!! I assume you did this on your lunch hour :-)
Thanks for a big smile and a good laugh! Red wine and jazz are nothing compared to your baby's smile!
I am laughing out loud right now! You are crazy!
Jamie - this was too funny....and so adorable!
That has to be one of the funniest/cutest things I have ever seen! You crack me up!!! Love you- all three of you!!!!
Post a Comment