Sunday, April 12, 2009

Daddy Daughter Day 2009

Saturday was the first annual Daddy-Daughter Day for our family!!

Abby spent the day with her dad while I spent the day with mine. And boy did we have fun!!!

First of all, Abby and I went down to Nonnie and Big Dawg's house on Thursday night. On the way down we picked up Auntie Jill and AJB. Gavin was waiting for us when we got to Nonnie's house. And we all had a slumber party. I had to work on Friday but we played outside as much as we could. And then late Friday afternoon I took off for Wrens, GA.

Wrens, GA?!?! OK let me backup. My dad gets tickets to the Masters golf tournament. So we've been going every year since 1993. I've been every year except last year when I was just barely pregnant and not feeling all that great. But other than that every year it's just me and my dad. Sitting on the 10th green and loving life. It's the one day of the year that I know no matter what, it's just me and Dad. And we really have a great time.

We have this ritual that we get up at the crack of dawn (some would say it's technically still night time). And head up to Augusta. We're usually one of the first ones at the gate, waiting for them to open up and let us in. Once they open we race to the 10th green. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times we did not get front row spots at 10. Then we're on the move til lunch when the guys will roll around to 10. And then sit there for hours on end, watching golf and playing our game. The game usually is whoever's guy gets closest to the pin on the 2nd shot wins; but this year, thanks to Uncle Jeff, we've got all new angles. It's really fun.

So it's Masters time again. And everything went pretty much the same way...

Except Abby....

This was the first time I was really away from her...The first night since her existence that I didn't spend the night with her. Really strange! But she was having her own Daddy-Daughter day so I knew she was fine.

So I road up to Wrens, GA to spend the night with Dad. We had dinner at "Peg's" with Uncle Steven and then I slept better than I have in over a year. No Abby noises, no night feedings, nothing...I don't think I moved an inch all night!!! I adore that kid but man did I love that night of good, uninterrupted sleep!!!!

And Abby had a ball too. She spent the day with her Daddy. Just like me and my dad have our own little rituals on D-D Day, Abby and her dad do too. I don't know those secrets but that's ok. She has her daddy to share those with.

We love our dads!!!!

Happy Daddy-Daughter Day 2009!


Abby and her dad

Abby and my Dad, her Big Dawg

1 comment:

The Flemings said...

So funny, Todd and I were watching the Masters Saturday and I thought about you and tried to spot you! Miss you friend!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones