Friday, April 3, 2009

Clueless....

So you know that feeling that you get when you are just good at something? Like you just woke up one day and were an expert at something? I don't feel like that about being a mom. I'm not sad about this fact...it is what it is. Motherhood has to have a learning curve. Right?

In a nutshell, I'm clueless. Greg's clueless too...so Abby is screwed. But the weird thing is that she hasn't figured out that we're clueless yet. And I think the number one rule for being a parent is to never let your kid know you're clueless....so we'll fake it as long as we can!!!

Anyway, the reason I say all this is because the other day it was brought to my attention just how clueless we are. Greg was cooking dinner and Abby and I were hanging out after I got home from work. And you have to know that Abby does not like to be left out of the mix. She hates being put in her bouncy on the floor during dinner. She can't see everything...she's very nosey...we have no idea where she got that from!!! LOL Usually I end up having to hold her as I eat so she can see everything. But lately she's been trying to get into my food so I mentioned to Greg that maybe she would like to sit in her highchair.

So she did...and she LOVED IT! She hung out with Froggie and Tiger and had a ball. Afterwards I mentioned to Nonnie and Auntie Jill that she did that and they both laughed. Apparently 3mos old babies don't usually hang out in the highchair!!!! Really?!?! Well ours does!!!

And I guess that's where Abby is different (and yes I realize that all mothers think their kids are different and special, etc) But Abby really is. :) She was born on the move. She was like that in utero so it's no surprise that she is a mover and a shaker out here. If everyone else is doing it, she wants to do it. And having to sit and watch AJB and Gavin running around just drives her crazy!! So she's trying to get up and go...and we're not holding her back!!! If she wants to do it, I say let's let her try!

And she tried the highchair and she loves it!! And you better believe that she'll be sitting in there again tonight :)


Uh, where am I Mommy?

This is cool but am I old enough to do this??

OK I'm doing this but I'm bringing Tiger and Froggie with me!

Yeah, Froggie, I know I'm not supposed to be doing this....but my parents are clueless....

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love it!!!

Big Dawg said...

I love it too! Watch out baby Abby! You've got quite a ride ahead of you with those two!! I can only imagine how FUN it would be to have Jamie for a mom!!! :-)

Ashlee said...

Lookin' good sitting up there like a big girl!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones