Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sick Baby :(

Abby got sick last week...the first time she's been sick (besides the constant reflux for those first few months). It was awful. I had a stomach virus hit the week before. And when Greg and Abby didn't show any signs of it after a few days, I started thinking maybe it was food poisoning...

And then Greg called on that Tuesday morning to say that Abby had thrown up twice....oh no!!

She threw up so many times I lost count at 12. And she was so upset. Obviously I came home and Greg and I spent the afternoon cleaning up everything and washing clothes and sheets. We went to the doctor to be told she was still hydrated and we'd have to ride it out. At one point, all Abby wanted to do when she was getting sick was hug mommy. Greg said "only a mommy would sit and let the kid throw up all over her"...

That's so true. If it made her feel better to hug mommy and be sick, then that's what she was going to do.

Luckily by about 6pm she wasn't getting sick anymore but I slept on the floor in her room that night just in case. She was so funny that night. Several times she would sit up in bed (which immediately woke me up). She looked through the crib bars and said "boo"! LOL She did this 3 times that night!

The next morning she was feeling better and so I went to work. I left at about 8am and when I got to my office 10 minutes later I called to check in. Greg said she was asleep.....

Poor little thing fell asleep on the floor!!

So Greg put some blankets on the floor so the next time she would be comfortable....A little while later she was putting her pallet to use...

Sick little girl...

The next time she almost made it to the pallet...

Poor thing slept all day. Luckily she was feeling much better after that!!!

It was so sad to see Abby so sick. I hated every minute of it!!! But we all survived!!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Poor baby! It is awful when your baby is sick!! So glad she got over it so quickly and was back to her sweet normal self!!
Love you, Abby!!

Jill said...

You sound just like me. When AJB had it that time, he just wanted to hug me too. So I ended up washing my clothes just as much. :)Those pictures of her sleeping are so sweet. I'm so glad it didn't last long!
Love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones