Thursday, January 21, 2010

Favorite Things


These are a few of Abby's favorite things at the moment...in order of importance :)

Yobaby Yogurt
Abby loves Yobaby yogurt. She will eat anything as long as I'm holding a yobaby container in my hand. It can be emtpy...but as long as I'm holding it she'll eat whatever is on her plate :) She loves to look at the yobaby baby and point at him and say "ga" (Abby-speak for "baby"). I have no idea why Yobaby decided to have a couple of containers that don't have babies on them...they should do some market research and discover that the baby on the container is pretty important!

Graham Crackers
This is really Abby's newfound love. She loves loves loves graham crackers - plain or in milk. She signs "more" but I think in her mind the sign for "more" really means graham crackers. She wakes up asking for them and goes to bed asking for them. Greg and I have literally started rationing out the graham crackers. Oh and we can't say the words out loud or we'll start another round of asking for "more"!! I think my kid my overdose on g-c's!!


Kitty/Kittycat/Cat
Cats -- total obsession around here. Abby's first word (at 11months) was "kittycat"...not mommy, daddy, mama, dada. Nope - "kittycat"....Her 2nd and 3rd words were "kitty" and "cat"...see the pattern. She loves kittys. She loves our cat and she loves her stuffed kitty cats. Greg found her this webkinz kitty (in the picture) and she gets so excited when she sees it. Sometimes I think she's choking it, she hugs it so hard.

After her birthday party, Greg took her to Barnes and Noble to exchange a book. He was looking at the shelves and noticed that Abby was in her stroller saying "cat", "kitty". He looked over and she was pointing to the kittens book in front of her. So she picked out her first book! And she slept with that kitten book for a few days she loved it so much :) We tried to let her sleep with her webkinz kitty but she stayed up playing with it...had to take it out :)

Seahorse
Ok Seahorse is a serious love. Our good friends Mike, Stephen and baby Ro gave her this for her first Christmas (they also introduced us to the Miracle Blanket - for these 2 things I will be forever grateful!!) Abby loves her Seahorse. She only gets to have him when she's in the bed. She snuggles him and plays with the tag. When we turn the music on (he's like a glo-worm), she knows it's time to go sleep.

Now that she's older, sometimes Seahorse "jumps ship"...we'll hear a [thud] and then Abby will start fussing. When I walk in, Seahorse will be on the floor and Abby will be standing in her crib, pointing at him, looking so innocent. "How'd he get down there?" LOL In the mornings, Abby wakes up and then lays in bed for about 30 minutes...if you peek in during this time, you'll find her laying snuggled up to Seahorse, just talking away....really cute. Best buds.

We love the Seahorse!

Daddy

And finally, Abby loves her daddy. She is constantly calling for "Da-Dee". After bathtime, I take her into her room and as I'm getting her diaper and lotion out, she loves to scoot around the room, naked while I pretend to chase after her. I'm squealing "naked baby escaped!!" and she's scooting to the door squealing "Da-Dee!! Da-Dee!" It's really funny. Then she stands at her bedroom door, signing "milk" and saying "Da-Dee"...this girl knows what she wants!

Every morning when it's time for me to leave, she hugs onto DaDee and blows me kisses...sending me on my way so she can have DaDee all to herself. I love that my girl is a Daddy's girl. (P.S. Don't feel sorry for me. This girl adores her mommy too. She saves a special giggle that's all for me and I love it!)

So these are a few of Abby's favorite things right now. She's growing into a little toddler and each day brings new adventures, new tricks, new words...new love.

It's pretty awesome :)



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

She's a pretty awesome little girl too!!

Bonnie said...

PS - Wonder why she loves graham crackers and milk???? LOL

Ashlee said...

These are really neat to read -- such good memories to have! Blair is exactly the same about yogurt. I have had the same thoughts about the yogurt. "Where's the ba-" Oh, there's no baby on this one!

Shannon Lewis said...

I just can't IMAGINE where that graham cracker and milk obsession came from :) :) :)

Sweet Abby! Can't wait to come visit and play with her this summer!

Shannon


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones