
I'm a working mom .... what a redundant phrase right? Do we even need to say "working" with the word "mom"????
So I guess I should say I'm a "works outside of the home in addition to being a mom" mom.
And it's hard.
Yesterday Abby had to go get her flu shot booster. And I had a lunch meeting that I had to attend...I was leading the meeting. Greg had no worries about taking her alone. But I spent the entire morning dreading the time that I knew she was getting a shot, picturing her crying and looking for Mommy who wasn't there. Heartbreaking...
I beat myself up over and over about this...
And then Greg called immediately afterwards to report that there were very little tears involved. Abby was chattering and squealing in the background ... maybe to tell Mommy that she was A-OK.
Either way it's over. I missed it and I feel bad. I'm sure there will be other times and things that I miss. I hope they aren't the big things like walking, etc. But if I miss it, I miss it. I have to remind myself that I'm keeping the family fed. And I'm allowing Greg to be the stay at home parent. Which is amazing and wonderful in and of itself.
So pity party may be over....at least this one is!!
I love you Baby Abby.....
PS. Yes I realize the irony that I'm posting this while at work :)



2 comments:
It's obvious how much you love and care about your family and your adorable Abby! They are so lucky to have you as their mommy/wife...keep up the good work, you are AMAZING!
love you friend!
tara
AND you are a WONDERFUL mother so never feel guilty about what you have to do!! I love you and am very proud of you and Greg!
Mom
Post a Comment