Sunday, March 7, 2010

15 months?!?

We had a busy and fun weekend this weekend. And in the midst of all the fun, Abby turned 15 mos old! Can you believe it?!?!

Fifteen months ago, everything changed. Abby joined our family and the adventure began. And even though things were very hard in the beginning, I wouldn't trade any second of the last 15 months for anything!!!

15 months....got me thinking....

Things that I miss about "baby" Abby:


I miss the long conversations that you would have with our ceiling fan.

I miss how I could fit your entire body in my hand and the crook of my arm.

I miss the way you looked all wrapped up in your Miracle Blanket...Ab-burrito anyone?

I miss holding you after your bottle in the middle of the night. You'd rest your head on my shoulder and sleep so soundly.

I miss those little baby growls that you are so famous for.

But guess what? Even though I miss those things, there are many more things that I LOVE about "big girl" Abby!!!!!

You get so excited about the word "snack" that I sometimes think you've hit the lottery!

You reach up to hold my hand when we walk down the hall.

You squeal with complete joy when I walk in the door each night.

You love to snuggle close and read book after book after book.

You "love" Mommy and "love" Daddy when we put you to bed.

You run around and play so happily with the simplest things

You wake up each morning so excited for what the new day brings.

Abby you are growing so fast. Each day brings a new adventure. You are more fun every day. And even though I know I loved you completely that first moment we met, somehow I still find ways to love you more every new day.

We love you,
Mommy and Daddy
************************************
So Abby - you're 15 months old. What are you up to?!?
  • You never crawl anymore. I honestly can't remember the last time you crawled (for real, not just playing around).
  • You are a good eater now. For a few days you wanted nothing but zucchini and black olives. But now we've discovered that you just don't like to eat baby food anymore! You love (in addition to your favorite zucchini and black olives): apples, pears, plums, bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans (sometimes), goldfish, cheerios, toast, cheese, graham crackers, mangoes, avacadoes. Luckily we learned to just dice them up and you're good to go!
  • You think that the word "snack" means graham crackers and milk. You may turn into a big giant cup of graham crackers and milk. You wake up asking for it and go to bed asking for. We limit you to one "snack" per day....
  • You talk. Alot. All the time. You can say quite a bit of words: snack (of course), daddy, cheese, toast, princess (you say it but it doesn't come out perfect), kitty, cat, kittycat, please, socks, bow, ball, teeth...the list goes on. You repeat almost everything. And even if you don't get the word exactly right, you still get the syllables, etc. I have to be careful what I say! PS. notice I didn't mention the word Mommy....we're working on it....
  • You still sign milk, please, food and more.
  • You have started to show a little bit of a temper...and very little patience. You've always been pretty opinionated but I'm afraid we may be inching into that toddler phase....oh no...
  • You love your daddy, your doggies and kittycat, Seahorse, outside and...graham crackers and milk :)

You are getting so big Miss Priss!! I can't wait to see what the coming months hold!


3 comments:

Sutton Family said...

Happy 15 month birthday Baby Abby! What a sweet post! As I was scrolling through it, Isabel was clapping. She loves her long distance buddy! Also, Isabel was a growler too. What's that all about? :)

Bonnie said...

Happy 15 month birthday from Nonnie and Dawg, too!! I love absolutely everything about you baby Abby!! And I am counting the minutes until I get there this Friday to spend THREE whole days with you - not counting travel days!! YAY!!!

Jill said...

Happy 15 month birthday Abby! Sorry I'm a little late writing this. :) I wish I were coming to see you! We love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones