HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!

Abby and Liam last summer....future spouses meet for the first time :)
Liam's mom is my dear friend Jill (we call her WorkJill so we don't get confused with SisterJill). WorkJill and I are just "old friends"...the kind of people that just get each other even though we've only actually seen each other in person 4 times! We met in 2006 and clicked instantly.
It was so much fun to be engaged and getting married around the same time but even more fun to be pregnant at the same time.
When December came and Abby was born, I had an easy labor and delivery. And WorkJill called and texted to tell me how happy she was that baby Abby was here and healthy. So when February came and Liam's arrival inched closer, I was so excited for my friend.
And then things went really wrong...her labor was long (56 hours!) and her delivery was scary. At one point, she was rushed back in the OR, bleeding from a place they couldn't find. A year ago today, her husband Michael (aka MK) called to tell me this had happened. I had talked to her briefly after Liam's birth on Valentine's day but was totally oblivious to this scare that happened later that night.
I was so scared and totally helpless as my friend lay in ICU in a Boston hospital and I was in GA. But I prayed and MK kept me posted and WorkJill fought her way back to us.
So today I just want to say:
I'm so happy you're here WorkJill. I'm honored to call you friend. I'm lucky to know you and thank God that He let you stick around.
We love you,
Jamie, Greg and Abby




3 comments:
I'm crying! I feel like I'm friends with WorkJill too from all of the stories :)
So sweet!! I need to meet my future grandson in law too before much longer!!
aww...jamie, I'm crying at my desk at work. I'd be lost without you! Thank you so much for being a true best friend.
Only 29 years to go!
Post a Comment