I hate that I sometimes get scared when I'm home alone. I haven't felt like that in a decade. I hate that when people ask how many dogs I have, I have to say two. But I always end up adding that "I had a German Shepherd named Brody that passed away (# of months) ago". I hate that the "(#of months) ago" is quickly changing into "(# of years) ago"...
But I love that I have almost 11 years of memories with you....So I like looking at these pics...they always make me smile. Because even at such a young age, Abby knew you...



I'm sad you didn't get to know her better. She's really a fun kid. You would have liked her I'm sure...
I think about our 10 years together...
snuggled with Pedja...and a tennis ball. (This picture was taken in 2005. Before we had to make you stop chasing the ball...)
And your life was good (despite the rotten bones)And I loved you so much.
So I'll spend today missing you, just like every other day. And I'll remember that I wasn't there. And that I rushed out that day before. I had so much to take down to Hawkinsville. And I called through the door, saying goodbye. And I'll kick myself again for not taking that extra minute to go in and tell you a proper goodbye.
But I'll keep reminding myself that you knew how much I loved you. And that you were and always will be my most loyal and loving friend. And it'll be ok.
And even though today is sad, and I'll dwell on the fact that you're not here...on most days the thought of you makes me smile....
I miss you, friend.

I know he's not really gone, she said, but the world still feels smaller to me today. (StoryPeople)





3 comments:
Well, you made me cry again! I miss him too and just seeing his picture makes me miss him all the more! Love you, Jamie!
Mom
Me too. I miss that good ol' dog too. I was thinking about you yesterday, and I know it was a hard day. I love you!
i went back to see all the old post and when i came across this it made me cry i still have tears in my eyes even though i stopped crying 10 minutes ago...all i can say now is we all miss u brody you were a great dog.
Post a Comment