Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Applejack

Dear Abby,

On December 6, 2008 at 2:20pm, you came into our family. Our lives have not been the same since. I have never known such complete happiness as when I hear you squeal for Mommy or Daddy. You have the sweetest personality and are so funny. We have loved every second of the last 2 years and look forward to a lifetime of many more.

You are our joy.

We love you Applejack,

Love,

Mommy and Daddy




************************



Things to remember about Abby in 2010:



  • You are a strange eater...well actually you are a great eater. You love zucchini and olives still but you also love "orange potatoes" (sweet potatoes), supreme pizza quiche and chicken casserole. You also still love graham crackers, animal crackers and goldfish but refuse to even try cookies, cake and ice cream! Your favorite restaurants (the ones that we don't have to pack your dinner separately) are the Mongolian grill and Fujisan. See, I told you you are a strange eater!! But we love it!


  • You no longer have your pappy. It just about killed us but you are pappy-free! YAY! You are also no longer in a crib. You moved to your big girl bed at the same time you let the pappy go. Might as well get it all over with at once. It was a hard month but you are now back to our normal sleeper.


  • You go to bed at 8 and wake up between 6:30-7:30. You are still the best sleeper. I am so thankful. Although you usually save the early mornings for weekends...I'm working on that :)



  • You have added to your Seahorse family. Your real true obsession is SeeSee (the original) but you now have "SeeSee's brother" and "SeeSee's sister". Brother was bought as a backup but when you found him he became part of the clan. And Sister is thanks to Mimi, who thought the Seahorse family needed a girl. Now you have to sleep with all 3 and try to walk around with all 3 in your arms.



  • You say the funniest things. You are a really good talker. And will carry on full conversations with us. I was under the impression that you spoke very clearly but over time, I'm realizing that Daddy and I just speak "Abby" so it seems like you are speaking clearly! I love when you call to Daddy downstairs and tell him things like "Daddy, will you bring me my milk"...it seems so clear to me although I'm sure no one would understand that except for me and Daddy. And your way of saying things is so hilarious.





  • You love to ask where things are. For example, if I say Abby where is your toothbrush. You will scream out "Toothbrush, where ARE you?!?!" and I think you really believe it is going to answer you :)



  • You are very much obsessed with all things Thomas the Train. You sleep with Thomas, James and Percy. Add in there the Seahorse family and your bed is pretty full! You also sleep with the Cetaphil lotion every night...I have no idea why. Oh and sometimes the Thomas toothpaste. I've decided not to fight this battle. If you want to sleep with a pile of junk in your bed, I don't care. You're sleeping and that's all I care about!

  • You call yourself "Abby"...maybe I should be worried about this :) Although at this point Greg and I call you everything but Abby. Your nicknames are: Applejack, Sweet Pea, Rascal, Cheerio Prissy (you came up with that one!)...Right now, it's mostly Rascal :)




  • You are still tiny. Although I think you are really growing now. I have high hopes that you will finally make it on the growth chart at your 2 year appt. You wear 18mos clothes mostly but I've started buying you 24 months and 2T stuff just because...and most of the time they fit with just a little rolling up :)



  • You are a great traveler. You have been to Boston, San Francisco, Folly Beach and off course Hville/Macon/Perry this year. You love airplanes and love to fly. You actually think that Daddy flies all the airplanes :) I hope that you will continue to love to travel. Looking forward to taking you to Alaska and Europe in the coming years!

  • You love the water - the pool, the hose, the tub. You like to put your face in the water and kick your legs. Now that it's cold you talk about the pool and then follow that with "The pool closed..." I know you are going to love swimming even more next year!



Time is flying by...and we love you more every day.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

my favorite thing is being your lap while we sit here together and love the whole world...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that post and LOVE that little girl!! Missing you all but her especially :-)
Nonnie

Jill said...

Somehow I missed this post! Gosh Abby has changed so much over the last year. She is just as cute as ever, and we love her so much!
Jill

Ashlee said...

So sweet! Happy birthday to that precious doll. I speak Blair better than everybody else too -- it's as clear as a bell to me!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones