This weekend Abby and I had a girls' weekend. Greg spent the weekend in Charlotte, visiting with some old friends of ours and listening to some live music. Abby and I spent the weekend tumbling, coloring, and snuggling. I have to say that I may have gotten the better end of this weekend :)
So these last few days, I noticed 2 very real changes in Abby. Maybe this happened over time but it seems like it just happened Friday night!
1. She has a real imagination now. Don't get me wrong. She's always been very creative. But it just seems like in the past, I had to pretend for her first and then she would take off on her own. But Saturday I was folding laundry and she grabbed one of her towels, wrapped it around herself, called it her dress and tippy-toed off. LOL It was so cute. And totally on her own!
2. She has a real temper now. Again, this is not new. But it just seems different. She doesn't want help. She doesn't want to be told what she can't do. She doesn't want that wall to get in the way of driving her car....do you get my drift? And every time something doesn't go her way, she now just busts out (fake) crying. For example, Saturday during lunch, she tried to pick up her food using her fork a total of two times. On the second unsuccessful attempt, she threw her fork on the floor and started crying! LOL That wasn't so cute. Kinda funny though...
It just seems weird to me that she is such a little person. Now when we snuggle in my bed every night, reading books, she pays attention. She likes to pick out her own clothes and she likes to do things on her own. This baby is a big girl!
I'm a little sad that she's growing up so fast. But I'm super excited about all the fun that's coming around the corner!!
PS. No time to snap pics this weekend but this is from a few weeks ago. We finally gave Abby permission to play in one of the kitchen cabinets....cute!



1 comment:
She is SO dang cute!! And hilarious too!!
Post a Comment